Black Tiger Shrimp Recall – June 2021
Dear Valued Customer,
We are alerting you of a recall of the following Searay Foods product due to the potential presence of sulphites:
Thailand Black Tiger Shrimp raw headless shell-on deveined size 31-40
Production Date: 2020/09/21
Best Before Date: 2022/09/21
Lot Number (printed on the back of the package near bottom of bag): 2008312THL
Product recalled: Searay Foods brand Thailand Black Tiger Shrimp raw headless shell-on deveined size 31-40 produced on September 21st 2020. Unit (left), Case (Right).
Searay Foods brand Thailand Black Tiger Shrimp raw headless shell-on deveined size 31-40 produced on September 21st 2020 (the “Product”) is being recalled because it contains sulphites which are not specified on the packaging.
Sulphites are substances that naturally occur in some foods and the human body. Sulphites are also added as preservatives to maintain food colour and prolong shelf-life and prevent the growth of micro-organisms. Some people are sensitive to this preservative, and experience allergy-like symptoms. Sulphites are commonly found in dried fruit, wine, and canned foods and vegetables.
In order to prevent any future product recalls, we are doing the following:
- Returning all Product to its original supplier.
- Other suppliers have been informed of the incident to reiterate the importance of all ingredient declarations and complying with the Canadian food safety standards. To prevent future incidents, all suppliers are required to provide test reports before shipments. Further prevention methods will take place for any shipments that may potentially contain additives such as sulphites and phosphates.
- Searay is dedicated to providing high-quality products by working strictly with suppliers who comply with Canadian safety food regulations. Searay will continue to clearly list ingredients including any allergens on product packaging.
So, if you have sensitivities to sulphites and bought Searay Thailand Black Tiger Shrimp raw headless shell-on deveined size 31-40, do one of the following:
- Return the product/packaging to the place of purchase or return directly to Searay Foods to replace it with our other shrimp products or cash (offer till August 31, 2021).
- If you prefer to receive cash, send us the product packaging along with a letter requesting a refund (offer till August 31, 2021).
We are taking this step because, for the past 22 years, Canadians nationwide have made Searay products a choice for quality seafood.
Searay Foods: Shrimp Exchange
6511 Graybar Rd, Richmond, BC V6W 1H3
Please send my cheque for the refund of the shrimp and postage to:
Offer till August 31, 2021